HUA HIN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2012
It surely cannot be disputed that films are an art form – the result of great human creativity and imagination. But it is also true that film-making is an industry which requires the involvement of a number of disciplines from commerce to science. It is a global industry that generates both income and employment.
Thailand has proven on many occasions its ability to participate at an international level in film-related events, and with much success and recognition.
From 26th to 29th January, Thailand will once again have the glorious opportunity to host an international film festival - the HUA HIN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2012 at Hua Hin, Prachuab Kirikan - the charming and historic seaside resort.
At the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, film stars and directors from across the world will gather to celebrate, including a Red Carpet Parade of the Stars on the beachfront.
Associated with the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort is Centennial Park, a recreation area which will host its own festival-related events.
- Centennial Park will be open for everyone to come and join in the festival fun, whether a local resident, tourist, or visitor to Thailand for the film festival.
- Centennial Park will demonstrate some of the foods and handicrafts that are special to the city of Hua Hin.
- Centennial Park will celebrate the unique culture of the 'Land of Smiles', through art, performance, and musical events.
- Centennial Park will promote Thai films and the Thai film industry.
- Hua Hin was fortunate to avoid the devastating floods that caused such damage to many areas of Thailand. At Centennial Park, we will have a chance to support the Flood Relief projects.
Activities at CENTENNIAL PARK : 26th -29th January ,2012 ; every evening from 5pm to 11pm.
- Stalls will offer tasty local food, souvenirs and local handicrafts, as well as film-related items.
- A large screen will show some old Thai classic movies, including the works of legendary stars such as Mitr Chaibansha, Petchara Chaovarat , Sombat Metanee, and Aranya Namwong
- Live bands will play classic hits of the 60s and 70s, from such all-time greats as THE BEATLES / ELVIS PRESLEY / BEE GEES / CLIFF RICHARD / TOM JONES etc.
- There will be a film-related exhibition.